Saturday 28 May 2011

I simply remember my favorite things...

...and then I don't feel so bad.

Yeah I haven't had the best week. Emma has still been a bit sick and not eating properly, not sleeping properly and she hasn't wanted to do anything on her own so I've had to be with her all the time. Also we've been here just over 3 months now and I'm starting to miss Finland big time and the way we do things. I know it's part of culture differences and it'll pass. And I'm not talking about anything big:
  • Hot and cold taps (they are everywhere and the pressure doesn't stay long so you have to keep adjusting them all the time. Why can't you just have one tap people?)
  • The ladies at the grocery shop pack 1-3 items in a plastic bag, so in the end you've got 10 bags not even half full. Yeah I'm taking my own material bags now, but it still makes me mad when I see that happening.
  • Some of the shops don't take credit cards and some of those that do actually don't if you buy stuff with less than $10 (I guess that's only country thing but still..)

 
Oh yeah I could continue, but today I don't want to focus on the negative (well I had to get all that above out). I grabbed a few things that make me happy and took a picture:



























  • River flows in you -notes. I'm practicing this piece at the moment, I'm very NOT good, but I enjoy practicing and I try to play a bit everyday.
  • Spotlight VIP-club card. One of my favorite shops, material shop and craft shop. The only sad thing is that the closest one is 2 hour driveway so it's not like I get to go every week. But I sure enjoy when I do go!
  • Hugo Simberg's The Wounded Angel picture that I found just the other day in my scriptures. I think it's beautiful painting. 
  • My other piece of Finland, the beautiful Aarikka (Finnish design brand) necklace. Got it as a graduation present and fell in love with it.
  • I'm not sure why I put the Sudocream jar there, but that stuff is amazing for nappy rash (and we've had to use it everyday for a while now since Emma has been sick.) Amazing stuff.
  • My third piece of Finland - Miksi -fridge magnet. (miksi means why in Finnish). I love it, absolutely love it and hopefully one day I can get more of these.
  • Finger pointing stamp. Yeah I've used stamps in every scrapbook page I've made here and this one is my favorite. I'd want to stamp it on every page, but I'm trying to hold myself back.
  • Awesome phone. Didn't know how I'd go with a touch screen and now I don't ever want to go back.
  • Ugg boots. Couldn't live without them. It's getting so cold over here so for the last week or so I have worn my ugg boots inside and outside, everywhere. And guess what, I feel nice and warm because my feet are warm.
  • And lastly my precious girl. Even though she's been hard work for the last week, I still enjoy being with her and playing with her. 


Did you know that she turned 9 months yesterday! 9 months! That's how long she was in my tummy and now she's been the same time here with us learning and developing every day. Wow. And because she's been a bit sad and sick too I thought I'd take a picture of her favorite things too:



























  • Remotes, she's happy if she can play with them
  • Oranges and apples, the best food she thinks at the moment
  • Dummy
  • Ammu - her sleeping buddy (it's the cow). Ammu comforts her a lot.
  • Books, she loves listening when we read books for her.
  • Swimming suit to mean swimming. We went swimming on Thursday and she was like a totally different girl. Love it so much!


Well there you go. Sorry it was a bit of a long post and sorry if you're Australian and got offended by my sads in the beginning. But I wanted to get it off my chest.

Hope you're all having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a super lovely comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails