Wednesday 27 July 2011

Lights

Wow, when I started taking pictures inside my childhood home I realized how many different lights and lamps we have. I also realized that I find all of them so very inspiring and awesome. I love the lights in my childhood home.

So instead of giving you a tour inside the house, I'll show you some of the lights I like the most. (And I will give a tour of other things too, sometime later.





Many lights have come during the time this house has formed into a home. But these lights above have been here since the start. I love the simplicity. My dad designed them so that they are all different hight and that at the top there's a compass that points to north (and south and west and east for that matter). Here's also a little sneak peak of what the walls in this house look like.





This is my dad's latest design. The lights are from ikea but the rest are from our junkyard in the old barn. I think he's so clever!


And another one my dad has designed and built himselp. This one might be my favorite, it brings so much light to our kitchen especially during dark winter. I would have taken picture with the lights on but one of the lights was burnt and I wasn't going to change it.



The top one of the last two reminds me a bit of retro style and something they might have had in the 70's and 80's (I'm really bad in telling time periods and their styles so feel free to correct me). And the bottom one speaks for itself I think, it's just a beautiful little light.

And there's the the top 5 lights in my childhood home. It's amazing how much lights in a home can do. After taking these pictures I realized that home wouldn't be home without these lights. After all they do brighten the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a super lovely comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails