Thursday 10 November 2011

Hard work pays off


Wow, I was asked to do a wedding present for a couple who loves splities and even has one (the car in the picture). The budget was rather low hence the t-towels. But I wanted to make it somehow special.

It is by far the most difficult thing I have ever hand printed, especially the vw logo. But it is also the first crafty thing I've been paid for.


Husband also made them these forks. I got the idea somewhere, but I can't remember where I've seen them. I tried it but it turned out to be too difficult for me to master. Lucky that husband of mine has skills to handle metal. So you could say that these are hand printed too!


5 comments:

  1. Great work, handmade presents are so much more thoughtful I think. And getting paid to make them for someone else - bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anteeks miten sä osasit tehdä tuon logon! Hieman hieno! Ja kaiverrukset myös - miten ne teit?? Ootte hieman taitavia. <3 Suvi-Tuuli

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! I love Combie Vans!!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the nice comments. It was a lot of fun.

    Suvi: Ihan samalla tavalla kuin aina ennenkin, leikkaamaalla. Ja "kaiverrukset" on tehty sellasilla metalli leimasimilla. Ne on siis tarkoitettu metallin leimaamiseen :) Ei niitä taida olla ku aakkoset, mutta aika cool eikö! Niitä siis kopautetaan vasaralla (aika monta kertaa) niin sitten tulee kirjain siihen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great print and I love the spoons too... very cute! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a super lovely comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails