Monday 5 December 2011

Hot chocolate

Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without chocolate, wouldn't you agree. So this week I'll share a few ideas that you can do for yourself or as gifts for others, mostly to do with chocolate. It's going to be SWEET, hope you enjoy.

___________________________________________________

I think one of the cutest things to give for Christmas is homemade hot chocolate sticks.


You will need
- chocolate (I used milk chocolate and dark chocolate)
- sugar
- cocoa powder
- a mold
- wooden sticks (you can buy them at craft shops)


 
This is pretty simple.

First you melt the chocolate. I used 100g of chocolate for that mold above. When the chocolate is just melted, add a little sugar and a little cocoa powder. I didn't measure how much I put, but it wasn't a lot.

Second, you pour your mixture into the mold and put it in the fridge for a little while, say 5 minutes. Then put your sticks in. 

When I put mine, about half of them stayed up and half of them kept falling down. If this happens to you no need to stress. Just wait for another 5 minutes and try again.

Once they are cooled completely they'll come off the mold very easily.


There, you can either be ready now or you can add a twist to them. I left half that way and the other half I wanted to have something extra special on them.



I used hundreds and thousands and coconut flakes. Dip your chcolate on a stick in melted chocolate and roll it in hundreds and thousands or coconut flakes. Let it cool. If you're in a hurry you can put them in the freezer for couple of minutes.

Then make some nice tags and wrap them pretty. I know that people will love this when they get it.


Or drink it yourself. I had to try one. :) Yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a super lovely comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails