Monday 9 April 2012

Healthy egg hunt

Happy Easter Monday everyone. Hope you all had a lovely little holiday. We spent it mainly with family. This year my sister-in-law and I thought that we should have an easter egg hunt for our girls. (We have quite similar age gals, 4 months apart.)

I wasn't sure how it would turn out and I didn't want my child eating loads of chocolate so I wanted to come up with a healthier version of a normal easter egg hunt. And wow it worked! Both of the girls, even though under two, loved loved loved searching for the eggs and then eating them. I was amazed how so young children were able to be so in it and get the whole idea. So I thought I'd share the idea with you.


Last year I bought these plastic easter eggs after easter, I think they were 50 % sale and I was sure I would do something with them at some stage. Lucky that I bought them because now we got to use them.

I then bought all sorts of dried fruit, banana, sultanas, pinaple, apricots and cranberries. You could also use cereal or nuts if your child is not allergic to nuts.


Put only few in each egg. I put only one of pinaple and apricot per egg because they are quite big. Then just hide them and let the fun begin!

This worked really well with Emma and her cousin. They'd find an egg, open it and eat few fruits, and then keep looking for more. Oh the joy of searching and finding!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a super lovely comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails