Saturday 26 May 2012

For my butterfly girl

 
As we were making the hearts (seen in the previous post), Emma kept saying that they were butterflies. I felt bad that we didn't do any butterflies so I wanted to make her something with butterflies in it. I wanted to use the same rain drop shape stamp that we used for the hearts since she obviously saw butterflies then already.

It was also her name day last Saturday so this was also a present for her. Name days are something we celebrate in Finland and I'm all about traditions so of course we are celebrating them here too. I put aside the fact that I'm not a big fan of butterfly shapes and pink and used both of those things in this shirt.


I tried using semi-homemade fabric paint, but haven't tried washing yet, so I have no idea how it'll last. I'll share more info about it when I know if it works.




First of I made the butterflies using a raindrop shape stamp and then the antennas with a paintbrush. I also put one butterfly for each sleeve and at the back. She loves the ones on the sleeves and keeps looking at them. Well she loves the shirt all in all very much which makes me happy.


It looks very springy to me but then again maybe it's just the brightness we need for this cold winter that's ahead of us.

Hope you all have a great weekend. I will have a lot to share again after it's over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a super lovely comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails