Saturday 15 September 2012

Cpr for an apron

One of the latest finds from our little op shop was this cute apron. Well, the only cute thing about it was the materil. I do not understand the point of these half aprons. I, at least, get all the flour and dough on my shirt so why would I want an apron that covers my pants? Oh well, the material was too cute to leave it there. I think I paid 50 cents for it.


As I looked at the apron closer, I realised that it was handmade. Oh how could I make something new out of it knowing that someone had created this apron with their own two little crafty hands. I felt like I was taking away it's life, and that is just too brutal. All this old apron needed was a bit of cpr. I had to keep it's original purpose alive. I just modified it a little bit and made it into an apron for my little helper in the kitchen.



She loves to "mix, mix, mix", as she says herself, and it does get a bit messy everytime. So she really did need an apron. I'm thinking of wrapping this as a Christmas present though. I think it would be perfect as that. First Christmas present of the year, done!


2 comments:

  1. Aivan ihana essu, ja aika Marimekko-henkinen! Me likes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joo enpä ajatellut marimekkoa, mutta nyt kun mainitsit niin ihan hyvin menis marimekon kankaana. Niitten pitäis alkaa tuottaa tuollaista, kun aikast ihanaa se on. :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a super lovely comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails